"what to do and see in and around koh samui" in march.

Judith L - Easytourist - Posted on 17/12/2013 - 10h1  L Judith

we are travelling to thailand next march and are really looking forward to it we are a couple just turned 50 and have booked 3 nights in bangkok as we land there, we are then going up to chiang mai for 4 nights then flying down to suret thani and bus & ferry to koh samui thats where the problem starts we would like to be based in south chaweng but we would like to travel to the other islands before flying back to bangkok on 29 of march can you help us out with things to do and see in the area of the islands .thank you judy&ian

• Delete
Start a new topic
Would you like to be notified by email for each response?
  • Ev L  L Ev Easytourist Posts:1 Registration:17/12/2013
    Thread: "what to do and see in and around koh samui" in march. 17/12/2013 - 11h43

Hi Judith,

If you've got a few days to spare in and around Koh Samui I'd definitely head over to Koh Tao which is a really relaxed, less touristy island.

You could also try Koh Phangan - the busiest time there is during the monthly Full Moon Party which will have already passed earlier in the month.

Both islands are a couple of hours boat ride from Koh Samui.. you might like to read this article to fine out more: http://globehunterscouk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/never-dull-moment-in-thai-islands.html

Adam

• Delete
  • Rooksana H  H Rooksana Easytourist Posts:21 Registration:14/06/2010
    Thread: "what to do and see in and around koh samui" in march. 20/12/2013 - 16h48

Thanks for your post Judith. Adam's right about the two islands he mentions. If however you are more interested in natural landscape, then Koh Lipe is one of the most beautiful. Part of a protected area, there is very little construction, maning that it's natural but also that if you like your five-star hotels, this isn't the place for you. Another beautiful island is Koh Phi Phi (where The Beach was filmed) but because of its Hollywood credentials it can be quite touristy, but the upside is that there are several resorts and hotels to choose from. You can also try Koh Tao, which is a good mix of nature, beaches, local life and tourist facilities.

Other islands we would recommend are: Koh Adang (about a mile from Koh Lipe) where there isn't much beach but there are cliffs and inland waterfalsl to explore. Plus you might not cross anyone else, so if you're looking for an isolated experience, this is it. Koh Turatoa is one of the most interesting islands due to its diversity in landscape - beaches, mountains, forest, swamps and caves.

• Delete
  • Jimmy J  J Jimmy Easytourist Posts:1 Registration:24/02/2014
    Thread: "what to do and see in and around koh samui" in march. 24/02/2014 - 6h9

I am very interested in purchasing a vacation villa in Koh Samui. I absolutely loved the place when I vacationed there, and found it to be very peaceful and relaxing.

I was wondering if I might be able to purchase a villa that would be all inclusive. Meaning, I would pay for all the association fees, but all of the maintenance work would be taken care of. I am also looking for a villa that is right on the beach. I am also interested in the villa including maid service daily, spa/massage services, chef services, yoga classes and a gated community. I saw some very nice properties when I was down there last, but don't know if all I have listed would be available for purchase?Again, loved Thailand and LOVED Koh Samui, and would love any help as far as where I might look to check out a property that might include all of these amenities as a purchase?

Thanks
    Koh Phangan Hotels

• Delete
Start a new topic