Shangri la Al Waha is set in Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, on a secluded bay against a backdrop of desert mountains. Located just 15 minutes from the attractions of Muscat, Al Waha, which means ‘The Oasis’, is an ideal family holiday destination. This hotel features an oasis of swimming pools and a lazy river set beside the golden sand beach. Kids will love the Little Turtles Kids’ Club, children’s pools and outdoor play area, as well as the chance to see Arabian horses and camels at the Omani Heritage Village. Meanwhile, parents can enjoy a wide range of facilities including tennis courts, a fitness club and the Chi Spa. The clear blue waters of the Gulf of Oman are ideal for enjoying a range of water sports and guests can also take dolphin and whale watching cruises in season. The PADI dive centre offers diving and snorkelling excursions and from January to June, you may see Greenback and Hawksbill sea turtles nesting or hatching in the area. Al Waha combines fun facilities, beautiful surroundings and a relaxed environment to create an ideal family holiday experience.
Al Waha consists of 302 rooms all rooms feature the following amenities:
- Satellite television
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Patio or balcony
- Desk and chair
- High speed internet
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
- Armchair and coffee table
- Two patio chairs and circular table
- Iron and ironing board
- Slippers and bathrobe
- Bath and separate walk in shower
Superior Room (32sqm) – offer spacious comfort with a contemporary style in a garden setting convenient for pool area access. Each room has a lush view of the garden and pool which can be enjoyed from furnished patio or balcony.
Superior Sea Facing Room (32sqm) – offers contemporary chic style, with views over the lush green gardens across the pool and towards the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Oman.
Superior Sea View Room (32sqm) – features contemporary interior design with views that allow direct views of the beach and the turquoise waters.
Executive Sea View Room (50sqm) – ideal for families or people traveling together this expansive room offers breathtaking views of the Gulf.
Family Room (64sqm) – ideal for families or people traveling together these rooms give ample room as well as spectacular view over the Gulf of Oman. Room consist of two interconnecting bedrooms, one with a king size bed the other bedroom with twin beds. Each bedroom has its own en suite bathroom. The twin bedded room is especially designed for young children in mind with special features including DVD player and Playstation and a selection of games.
One Bedroom Suite (73sqm) – offers contemporary luxury, ideal for families or friend traveling together who desire that extra space and a touch more of the luxury amenities. Each suite looks over the lush gardens towards the gulf, which includes separate sitting room, dining area great for intimate gatherings.
Specialty Suite (117sqm) – offers contemporary decor, top of the range amenities including flat screen television and DVD entertainment. This expansive living area is great for families wanting that extra space with a separate sitting and dining area.
Restaurants & Bars
- Samba – Main restaurant, enjoy Latin flavors at this culinary theatre which has different themed international buffets each evening of the week.
- Bait Al Bahar – offers formal dining experience next to the beach.
- Surf Café – Internet styled café has a relaxed atmosphere and is child friendly.
- Al Waha Lobby Lounge – located in the reception offering outside seating on balcony overlooking the gulf. Food consists of finger food, sandwiches, salads and range of beverages including specialty coffees and fruit teas along with alcoholic drinks.
- Assira – located next to the pool, serves a range of light food options and grills along with soft and alcoholic beverages
- Chi Spa – offers Chi Signature massages, Chi Balance, traditional massages, body scrubs, body wraps, Men’s skincare treatments just to name a few treatments.
- Main pool – located between the three sides of the hotel and next to the beach
- Children’s pool - located next to the main pool
- Shower pool – a small circular pool with a central shower designed for children however can be enjoyed by adults
- Lazy River – 500 meter stretch located next to the boardwalk set in a lush environment running between the other two properties Al Husn and Al Bandar.
- Circles Pool – located next to the Al Bandar hotel consists of three interconnecting broadly circular pools.
- Fitness Centre – includes gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and aerobics studio amongst many other facilities.
- Four Floodlit tennis courts
- Beach Volleyball
- Teen’s club – offers mini theatre, LCD TV, Karaoke player, books, computer games, internet access amongst organizing other activities
- Jet Ski
- Hobbi cat’s
- Wind Surfing
- Variety of excursions can be arranged
- There is also a Dive Centre nearby where divers can explore off shore wrecks.
Bed & Breakfast
Half Board option available