Taj Exotica Resort & Spa is a haven of relaxation, peace and tranquility situated in the middle of one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. The lush surroundings and crystal clear waters have been carefully preserved providing guests with a natural paradise of true Maldivian style. The ocean-facing Taj Mandara Spa offers pampering treatments and the choice of culinary experiences, water sports, and recreation make for a complete luxury holiday. The resort is only 15 minutes by private speedboat from Malé International Airport. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa offers an exclusive, private and romantic island escape.
Taj Exotica has received many accolades over the years here are the few most recent:
- Voted amongst the 100 Best Hotels in Africa/ Indian Ocean in 2008 - Ultra Travel Daily Telegraph
- The Rehendi Presidential Suite receives 'Maldives Leading Suite' Award in 2008 - Annual World Travel
- Awarded 'Best for Water Sports' in 2007 - Spa Finder Readers' Choice Awards
- A member of The Leading Small Hotels of the World, and has been awarded the Best Hotel Resort Award
All 62 villas have:
- Air conditioning
- Natural palm thatch
- Private bar
- Media Centre
- 42" LCD Satellite TV
- DVD Player and CD/MP3 Player
- International Dialing
- Internet connection
- Electronic Safe
- Double vanity
- Bathtubs overlooking the ocean (in villas over water)
- Rain showers
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Butler Service
- LAGOON VILLAS - These villas have a private sundeck and loungers, offering uninterrupted infinite views of the Indian Ocean.
- DELUXE LAGOON VILLAS WITH PLUNGE POOL - Stand alone villas offering complete privacy. Featuring a private sun deck with fresh water plunge pool offering spectacular panoramic views of the Indian Ocean
- DELUXE BEACH VILLAS WITH PLUNGE POOL - Located just 5 meters from the pristine lagoon, the Deluxe Beach Villas are luxuriously styled with an oversized plunge pool, private verandas with sun beds, tropical outdoor showers and an infinite view of the lagoon.
- BEACH VILLA SUITES WITH PLUNGE POOL- 2 Bedroom Villa Suites are situated on the beach just 5 meters away from the pristine lagoon. Luxuriously styled with designer fittings and furnishings, each Villa has a living room, a private courtyard and an oversized private plunge pool. The 365 square meter area includes two bedrooms, private verandas with sun beds, a tropical outdoor shower in a walled garden and a private Spa treatment room. The master bedroom with attached private balcony on the upper storey, offers breathtaking views of sunsets on the lagoon. This suite comes with a host of extra amenities and services.
- REHENDHI PRESIDENTIAL SUITE -The Rehendhi Presidential Suite is a specially appointed 450 square meters, 2 bedroom Villa that is built over the water. It offers the ultimate experience in luxury, privacy and comfort. Tastefully appointed, the Villa features a living room, master bedroom with attached his/hers bathrooms and a private balcony, a guest bedroom with an infinite view of the Indian Ocean, a fresh water pool suspended over the lagoon with a private sundeck and two salas for relaxing and dining or for your own private spa treatment. This Suite comes with a host of extra amenities and services.
Restaurants and Bars
- 24 Degrees The charm and conviviality of this informal and inviting all day dining restaurant is enhanced by a display kitchen and indoor and al fresco beach dining. The menu features a variety of Pan-Asian and Continental fare and a selection of fine wines.
- The Deep End The elegant restaurant serving Progressive World Cuisine offers an extensive a la carte menu with a choice of meats, game and seafood, along with vegetarian specialities, complemented with fine wines from the cellar. The menu also features a choice of deserts and cigars.
- In Villa Dining Guests can dine in the comfort and privacy of their villa. A menu of gourmet specialities is offered
- Equator Unwind to soulful music and the rustle of the wind, waves and palms with a choice of innovative and refreshing beverages including sundowners, ice cold margaritas, wine coolers and cocktails. The bar also serves a variety traditional vintages and New World wines, and cigars.
- Evening entertainment
- Library/TV room
- Taj Spa complex with a range of treatments and therapies
- Fitness centre
- Souvenir shop
- Swimming pool
- PADI dive centre
- Catamaran Sailing
- Banana riding
- Water skiing
- Beach volleyball
- Moonlight cruises and picnics can be organised
Bed and Breakfast
(supplements available for Lunch and Dinner)