For 6 people:
- 700g of raw shrimp
- 200g diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tablespoons of tandoori paste
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Peel the shrimp, keeping the tails on.
Peel and chop the onion and garlic cloves.
In a wok over high heat, put the ghee in with the onion and fry a few minutes. Add garlic, spices, garam masala. Toss gently. Reduce heat, add the tandoori paste and tomato puree. Mix and allow to thicken.
Add shrimp and simmer 3 minutes.
When cooked, add the lemon juice and sugar. Simmer on low heat and stir regularly for 30 minutes to allow the prawns to take the flavour. Stir and then arrange in the dish.
prawn curry, you can put a few sprigs of fresh cilantro.
And don't forget the basmati rice.