To serve 6:
40cl maple syrup
A roll of ready-made shortcrust pastry
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp hot water
1. Put the pastry in the pastry case and trim the edges. Put in the fridge to set.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gradually add the cornstarch.
4. Once all the cornstarch is added, take the saucepan off the heat and add the maple syrup and the hot water. Stir with a whisk.
5. Put the saucepan back on the hob and bring to a boil to thicken the mixture.
6. After boiling, leave to cool and then pour into the pastry case.
7. Cook for 30 minutes in the oven.
8. Once the tart is cooked, place in the fridge and leave to cool for 3 hours before serving.