Close to the Augustinian Church in Vienna, the Imperial Crypt, reserved for members of the Austrian imperial family since the 17th century, is worth a detour. Held by Capuchin monks, it holds 146 aristocrats, emperors, empresses or queens in sarcophagi of iron and tin. From 1654 to 1878, the hearts of members of the Habsburg family were buried in the crypt of the Augustinian Church. A few metallic urns located at the back of the chapel, in a baroque style, bear witness to this. At the end of the route in a narrow passage is the imperial tomb with the coffins of Rudolph, Franz Joseph and finally Elisabeth, lined up from left to right.