Take one forest, throw in some ropes, a few enthusiastic participants, and the thrill of being able to take off through the trees Tarzan-style, and you have one extremely fun day out offered by the Arbre et Aventure (Tree and Adventure) team.
Located at the heart of a pine forest between the Baie de Somme and the Baie d'Authie, this place has no fewer than five adventure courses, offering a combination of rope bridges and swings, platforms, nets, tightrope walks, a parrot ladder and a zipline (from 394 to 59 ft above the ground).
The courses, which are divided into different colours much like the ski slope system, vary in difficulty, so there is sure to be something to suit everyone, from the complete novice to the more experienced adventurer.
Two of the five circuits, each of which consists of ten different stations, are specially reserved for children (the Ecureuil ('Squirrel') and Renardeau ('Fox cub')courses), giving younger visitors the chance to do as the older children do in the safety of their own special course. Older children have a choice of three courses:
- A 16-station white course, open to over 12s of at least 51'' in height.
- An 18-station red course, open to over 12s of at least 59'' in height.
- A 21-station black course. Those wishing to embark upon this most challenging course must be at least 63'' tall, have the necessary physical ability and have successfully completed the previous two courses (the white and the red).
Of course, safety is of the utmost importance at all times when participating in forest adventure courses, and equipment (harnesses, carabiners, pulleys and gloves) are provided.
The courses are annually checked and certified by an independent state body to verify that they are in compliance with the applicable standards, and the trees are subjected to health checks. The onsite team monitors all activities and offers advice wherever necessary.
Entry prices: children between 5 and 11 (2 courses, a total of 20 stations): 13EUR.
Children over 12 years (white and red courses, a total of 34 stations): 18EUR.
Three athletic packages:
- White, red and black courses + a drink: 28EUR.
- White and red courses and zipline (black course) + a drink: 22EUR.
- Red and black courses + a drink: 22EUR.
Arbre et Aventure
Rue Henri Renard 80120 Quend-Plage 03-22-23-90-99.